- Altmetrics 101, presenter Stacy Konkiel from Altmetric, 6/10/2015, 9:00-11:00 am, UL 2120. Register here.
- Researchers face increasing pressure to showcase the ‘broader impacts’ of their research when applying for grants and tenure, and librarians are reskilling in an effort to support them. This two-hour workshop will help librarians at all stages of their career understand the concept of ‘broader impact’ and the metrics that can be used to demonstrate them, often referred to as altmetrics. It will offer hands-on experience working with metrics platforms like Altmetric, Impactstory, PlumX, and PLOS, and a “deep dive” with Altmetric Explorer and Impactstory. Attend this workshop to learn the essential skills needed to assist your researchers in demonstrating their broader impacts.
- HILT: Digital Humanities Training, 7/27/2015-7/31/2015, IUPUI University Library, Register here. IUPUI Faculty apply for scholarships with IUPUI Arts and Humanities Institute (IAHI).
- Data Topics Series: Documenting your data with codebooks and data dictionaries - 2/17/2015, 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm, UL2120
- Workshop: Introduction to TEI for Digital Humanities - 2/11/2014, 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm, UL2120
- What you need to know about the NIH Data Sharing Policy - 2/24/2015, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, UL2120
- Meeting the NSF Data Management Plan requirement: What you need to know - 3/4/2014, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, UL2120
- Alt Metrics (Team Science/Collaborative Translational Research) - 3/5/2015, 9:00 am - 11:00 am, webinar registration at: http://academicaffairs.iupui.edu/
- Ray Haberski, “Social Media for Scholars” (in collaboration with IAHI) - 03/11/2015 - 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Data Topics Series: Documenting your data with protocols and procedures manuals - 3/11/2014, 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm, UL2120
- Data Topics Series: Documenting your data with lab notebooks and readme files - 4/8/2014, 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm, UL2120
- Data Topics Series: Documenting your data with metadata - 4/23/2014, 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm, UL2120
- Data Topics Series: Meeting publisher data availability policies - 5/5/2014, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, UL2120
- What you need to know about the NIH Data Sharing Policy - 5/14/2014, 11:00 pm - 12:00 pm, UL2120
- Ted Polley, “Introduction to Data Visualization I: Visualization with Gephi” (in collaboration with IAHI) - 09/09/2014 - 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Introduction to Data Visualization II: Data Normalization for Network Analysis in Gephi (in collaboration with IAHI) - 09/16/2014 - 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Kalani Craig, “Data Visualization II: Network Analysis in Gephi” (in collaboration with IAHI) - 09/16/2014 - 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Finding Funding (in collaboration with IAHI) - 09/23/2014 - 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Practical Data Management Planning - Creating a Usable Plan to Handle Your Data (Data Management Lab) - 10/1/14 12:00-1:00pm
- Preventing Data Loss – Optimizing Storage & Organization (Data Management Lab) - 10/22/14 12:00-1:00pm
- Paul Mullins, “Introduction to Scholarly Blogging” (in collaboration with IAHI)- 11/06/2014 - 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Ensuring Data Quality - Mapping Outcomes for Quality Assurance & Control (Data Management Lab) - 11/12/14 12:00-1:00pm
- Digital Public Library of America Preconference at Indiana Library Federation Annual Conference - November, 17, 2014, Mariott East in Indianapolis
Last updated by klpalmer on 05/21/2015