Archives in the Classroom
The Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives encourages faculty to incorporate the use of its materials into its curriculum. From onsite visits to the archives to specialized projects, the Archives staff is ready to work with faculty to create an unique learning opportunity for IUPUI students.
Options for Classes
- Introduction to the Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives
- A brief tour of the archives discussing the collections, uses, activities, and procedures.
- Introduction to Archival Research
- An introduction to the use of the archival collections including how to find collections, how to use a collection guide, reading room and duplication services, and problems often faced by the new user.
- Our Holdings in Your Subject Area
- A summary of what Special Collections and Archives holds in your subject area as preparation for subject-based research.
- How to Find Primary Sources Online and in the Library
- An overview of digital collections online including demonstrations of how use them effectively.
- Concept-Driven Classes
- Contextualize a time period, event, or topic using original materials that show a variety of historical, cultural, and social viewpoints.
To schedule a class or to get more information, contact Hannah Cox, Archives Specialist, at 317-278-3261 or email@example.com.